2 Days – 1 Nights
This is a new alternative to Machu Picchu, during this trip in Van, you will know the natural wonders of the Incas on the top of the Andes mountains. On the way you will feel different micro climates, from the snowy valleys of the Andean mountains and the cold rains to the humidity of the subtropical forest. On the way we will cross villages such as Ollantaytambo, Santa Maria, Santa Teresa and Hidroeléctrica by bus, and then start a 3-hour walk along a flat road surrounded by tropical fruits and vegetation to the town of Aguas Calientes. The next day we will wake up with this magical city and enjoy a tour in the Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Day 1: Cusco – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
- Day 2: Machu Picchu – Hidroelectrica – Cusco
Day 1: Cusco – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
After you had breakfast in you hotel we will pick you up at approximately 07:30. We will start our journey from Cusco to the scenic village of Ollantaytambo, where we will have a short break of more or less 20 minutes. From here we will continue our travel over a large, serpentine path until we arrive at Abra de Málaga, that is located at a height of 4316 meters above sea level. Here we can enjoy an impressive view of the landscapes that Perú has to offer. Then we will start to descend to the thick forest, passing by different micro-climas, that combine the heavenly landscape of majestic snow-covered summits with the hot entrance to the tropical jungle of Cusco. We will arrive at the village of Santa Teresa at approximately 13:00 pm and enjoy a delicious lunch there, afterwards we will head towards the station of Hidroeléctrica, where we will arrive at roughly 15:00 pm. The train tracks will lead us to the village of Aguas Calientes in a walk of about two and a half hours (optional: train from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes). In Aguas Calientes your professional guide will be waiting for you and accommodate you in your respective hostels. In the evening dinner and explanation about the excursion on the next day.
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Hidroelectrica – Cusco
At dawn at around 4:30 am in the morning we will ascend to the majestic Inca citadel of Machupicchu. Guided visit for about 2 hours, afterwards you will have free time to visit the rest of the citadel. At approximately 11:00 am you will have to begin your walk back to the station of Hidroeléctrica, where you will have to be present at 14:30. Our unit will be waiting to transport you to the city of Cusco. Arrival at approximately 21:00 pm
- Professional Tour Guide
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Journey: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu
- 1-night hotel with breakfast in Aguas Calientes (hotel services can be up-graded upon request).
- Meals (they can be included upon request)
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses.
- Original Passport, International Student Card (ISIC card) if applicable
- Sneakers, Waterproof jacket, Rain poncho, T-shirts, trousers
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Shorts, Extra money, Bathing suit, Cameras
- Travel Insurance is recommended.
Price: Fares for this tour depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.
Important: Including Hotel services and improved train services they must be requested in advance.