5 Días / 4 Noches
This amazing trek runs beneath the magnificent Salkantay mountain (6.271m/20569ft), one of the highest and most stunning in the Peruvian Andes. Your first two days are dominated by the impressive “Apus” of Salkantay and Huamantay, as you pass through the high puna landscape. On the third day you descend to the warm cloud forest, to reach Aguas Calientes on the fourth day. The impressive Sacred Inca city of Machupicchu is visited on the last day of the program. This tour is an interesting alternative for those not having found spaces on the Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu.
- Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa
- Day 2: Soraypampa – Chaullay
- Day 3: Chaullay – Santa Teresa
- Day 4: Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes
- Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa (Meals: L,D)
Departure 04.30 hrs.partimos from Cusco, passing through the towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo and arrive at the village of Mollepata (2900 masl) around 07:30 hrs, then we will start to start our excursion first we will take a bus that will take us Until the town of Markokasa (50 min aprox.) (3380m.snm) from that place will begin our walk in an approximate of 5 hours and later we will arrive at Soraypampa (3900m.snm) to which we will be arriving as at 13:30 hrs. In this place we will take our first lunch and at the same time it will be our first camp. After lunch we can visit the beautiful lagoon of Humantay (4200m.s.n.m). We will walk for 1.30 more minutes on the slope where we can get stunning views of the mountain. In the evening we will have our dinner and then go to rest.
Distance of the walk approximately 15 Km.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Chaullay (Meals: B,L,D)
We will open our day with a succulent breakfast which will be very early, then we will start our walk from Soraypampa to the highest point that is Abra Salkantay (5 hours) (4650m.snm) passing through Salkantaypampa and Soyrococha where we can appreciate a beautiful We will continue our trekking, which will be followed by a descent to Huayracmachay (4h) (3800m.snm) where we will take our lunch, then continue down to Chaullay (3h) (2900m.snm) where our second camp will be.
Distance of the walk approximately 20Km.
Day 3: Chaullay – Santa Teresa (Meals: B,L,D)
This day will be unforgettable because on the way we can see how the landscape changes from snowy mountains to inter-Andean landscapes with a diverse variety of flora and fauna of this area, from this point will begin to descend towards the brow of Selva, through forests Cloudy and we will see in our path formations of hot springs that follow the course of the Santa Teresa River, because of the warm and humid of this area has formed a micro climate that have been able to take full advantage of the various varieties of Orchids that by their colors and variety Have been cataloged as the most beautiful in the world. This last section will be descent until arriving at the place called Playa (5 hrs aprox), (1900 m.s.n.m) where we will take our lunch and from there heading towards Santa Teresa in a bus where we will spend the night.
- Distance of the walk approximately 15 Km.
- Optional Activities Day 3
- Cocalmayo Hot Spring
- Zip Line
Day 4: Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes (Meals: B,L,D)
We start the hike through Selva semi humid tropical climate, with a variety of coffee, coca and fruit trees. This type of vegetation will accompany us almost all the way until arriving at Hidroelectrica place where we will have lunch, to then continue walking and to be able to observe in the distance Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu. We continue with our route making stops in different places to simply appreciate the landscape and its surroundings of waterfalls with impressive falls. To finally arrive at our desert, which is the town of Aguas Calientes. We will take our last dinner and spend the night in a Hostel and our guide will organize everything for the next day.
- Distance of the walk approximately 10 Km.
- Optional activities Day 4
- Hydroelectric train to Aguas Calientes.
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu (Meal:B)
Very early, immediately after breakfast at the Hostal, we will start our trek to climb to the lost city of the Incas Machupicchu (04:30 hrs.). The visit to the impressive city of Machu Picchu will be an average of 2.30 hrs, where you will visit the urban and agricultural area as well as the towers, ceremonial plazas, sacred fountain, the Intihuatana or solar clock and terraces from where you will see this magic city.
After our vivisita to the Inca City, we will return to the Hostel to collect the luggage and then go to the station of the train that will take us to the station of Ollantaytambo and finally return to the City of Cusco.
- Optional Activities Day 5
- Huayna Picchu (book 3 months before)
- Visit MachuPicchu Mountain in two hours (07:00 – 08:00) — (09:00 – 10:00)
- Inti Punku
- Inca Bridge
- Transfer from your hotel to bus stop, bus from Cusco to Mollepata. (Trail head).
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent.
- English speaking professional guide (2 guides for groups over 14 people).
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (to carry the equipment + 5kg. of luggage per person) – days 1 to 3.
- Meals (4B, 4L, 4D + wake – up tea).
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machupichu.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (economic tourism class) 18:35 pm or 21:50 depens availability.
- Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- First Aid Kit and Oxigen.
- Sleeping bag.
- First breakfast.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Optional train from Hidroelectrica to Machupicchu town.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to MachuPicchu and viceversa (tourists usually hike this part).
- Entrance to the HuaynaPicchu Mountain or MachuPicchu Mountain.
- Sleeping bag
- Lantern light-handed.
- Toilet paper
- Plastic bags (to protect cameras and littering)
- Water purifying tablets
- Rain Jacket
- 4 t-shirts
- Long walking trousers
- Several pairs of socks
- Rain coat
- Slippers or sandals to rest your feet at camp
- A cap or hat
- Personal medication
- Short sleeve t-shirt.
- Long sleeve t-shirt
- Warm jacket.
- Long pants (better if it can get shorter)
- Thick socks.
- A good pair of mountaineer shoes
- A light Backpack or bag with camera, documents, water bottle, etc.
- Money in small denomination (soles).
PRICES: Fares for this tour depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.